For the fifth consecutive summer, I've complied The Fresh Sunburn Summer Mix CD. My theory behind the compilation is simple. When I look back at that summer, I want to get a snapshot of my mood, what songs were popular, what concerts attended, plus some old school favourites.
Without further ado, here is this year's track listing: (Artist-Track-Album)
Rogue Wave - Good Morning - Permalight
Telekinesis! - All of a Sudden - Telekinesis!
Fun. - All the Pretty Girls -
The Avett Brothers - At the Beach - Mignonette
Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros - Home - Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeroes
Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow - Greatest Hits
Blue Scholars - Cornerstone - The Long March EP
Janelle Monáe - Tightrope - The ArchAndroid
Weezer - (If You're Wondering if I Want You to) I Want You to - Raditude
Home Grown - Give It Up - Kings of Pop
Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata - Pata Pata
K'naan - Waivin' Flag - Troubadour
BLK JKS - ZOL! - ZOL!
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Nobody's Baby - 100 Days, 100 Nights
Kid Cudi - The Prayer -
Javelin - Vibrations - No Más
Lawrence Arabia - Apple Pie Bed - Chant Darling
Yeasayer - Rome - Odd Blood
Motion City Soundtrack - Sunny Day - My Dinosaur Life
Ok Go - This Will Be Our Year - Future Soundtrack for America
Earth, Wind and Fire - September - Greatest Hits
This is, as with all mixes I invest time in, more than just a collection of songs. Some have been chosen because of a specific lyric that exemplifies something important about my life. Similar to the 2006 compilation, there are several songs dedicated to the World Cup. Several of these artists have been seen in concert thus far. A Weezer song is included every year. EW&F finish the arc of summer and prepare everyone for the fall/my birthday which this year will be #30daysof30. (Forthcoming info on that soon.)
Enjoy some tunes with your windows rolled down or pumpin' out of your gheto blaster!
No comments:
Post a Comment