Yes, it's happening. I, along with Bad Religion, am turning old. For some of you, the big three-oh is not old. Some people hide from their birthdays, especially this one, but I have chosen to embrace it. However, like most of my life, I'm giving it a little bit of a twist.
Here is my mission: For the 30 days of September, do something I like or birthday related activity each day. My mission is not to have my friends and family buy me presents, drinks or meals (I will humbly accept but prefer a hug instead) but rather to enjoy their company and maybe do some good in this world. Things I want to do include organising volunteer activities, going to dance classes, free actives, trail runs, folf, of course concerts and who knows what else.
Very soon, I will be putting up a calendar that is full of activities. There are no real rules associated with this, and most everything will be open to participation by anyone who is able. I will even encourage people who are not in the Twin Cities area to participate in a virtual manner. You are creative. Time to show it off and by this I mean pictures. This experiment will be a public way for others to participate, share a little joy and some helping hands.
Also, if you have ideas of activities, feel free to post them or email me. I'm sure I may steal a few ideas from the Twin Cities Social Secretary as well.
Excitement is less than a month away. I'm so ready for #30daysof30. Are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment